Saturday, October 2, 2010

Humble carrot pineapple salad

The carrot + pineapple salad is one of my favourite salads (you know the one - grated carrot which you mix with canned pineapple pieces)..


While making it recently, I began to wonder how many different versions of this salad are out there.. I know of the 'carrot + pineapple + sultanas + coconut', but I'd like to find out about the other versions of this salad - as I said, it's one of my favourites! So if you know of another versions, please let me know via the comments section below...

I look forward to all the suggestions!

1 comment:

Clothildas said...

My favourite is a mix of finely grated carrots + almonds + some cut up dried dates and figs... Mix together, press into the bowl with a fork, leave overnight in the fridge...Before serving, mix again to fluff up... Yummy breakfast for a hot summer morning! It tastes sweet, almost chocolatey!

PS1 The more almonds you add, the longer you will last after such a meal, of course ;)
PS2 Another thing you can add beside the almonds is some sunflower seeds or some other nuts. Overall, because the salad has been left overnight, the almonds/seeds/nuts will be nice and soft (the almost 'sprouting' texture), and the dried fruit will sort of blend into the carrot.
Try it! :)